The Valley Cultural Center’s Community Outreach mission is to enrich the community through quality arts activities and programs for youth, seniors, and families in the San Fernando Valley. Cuts in school arts programs have left our children with little opportunity to experience the joys of creativity and imagination through music, dance, and visual arts. Opportunities for seniors to participate in an affordable arts experience are also few and far between. Thanks to the generous support of individuals and corporations, the Valley Cultural Center’s Outreach programs reach thousands of elementary, middle, and high school students; senior citizens; and families each year.
Valley Cultural Center’s objective is to highlight and recognize select non-profit organizations “making a difference” to the community of the San Fernando Valley.
VCC will feature a different non-profit at each of the twelve concerts. Each non-profit organization will be acknowledged from the stage and be provided with a vendor booth for the evening to distribute informational material to the people who visit the booth. Note: This is not a forum for fundraising.
2014 Community Connections
- June 1 - Saving Lives-Susan Blauner 323-702-3166
- June 8 - Theatricum Botanicum-Crystal Clark 310-455-2322
- June 15 - L.A. Native Plant Society/Theodore Payne Found. Snowdy Dodson
- June 22 - Haven Hills-Sarah 818-887-7481
- June 29 - Kids Make a Difference- Andy Mars 818-344-7838
- July 13 - Food & Water Watch-Alexandra Nagy 323-843-8451
2013 Community Connections
- Saving Lives
- Santa Susanna Mountain Parks Association
- Alzheimer’s Association, California Southland Chapter
- Arts in Education
- Rotary, Woodland Hills
- Radical Outreach People Empowered (ROPE)
- California Wildlife Center
- Safe Passages
- Operation Blankets of Love
- Grandparents As Parents
- Child Development Institute
- Homeboy Industries
Thank you for your interest in Valley Cultural Center’s Community Connections program. Download the application to find all the information you need to know and understand to participate in this community-concerned endeavor.