You must read and understand these rules prior to registering your band. For this year, Valley Cultural Foundation has opened this event to also include solo artists.
- Submissions will be accepted beginning on November 1, 2020, through December 15, 2020 at valleycultural.org/submissions/rockthevalley
- DEADLINE: All entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm PST on December 15th, 2020 at valleycultural.org/submissions/rockthevalley. All videos must be date/time stamped on or after November 1st, 2020, to authenticate the video was created during the submission period.
- Please include:
- Link to a photo of Band/Artist
- A short bio
- Video of your entire Band/Artist playing a song (see criteria below) on an .mp3 sample of music that must be between three (3) to five (5) minutes, 5 MB in size, and posted on one of the following social medial platforms:
- Be sure your post is set to Public.
- Copy the URL link to your entry on your submission form.
- We will post all valid links meeting the song criteria on our YouTube page.
- First Round Bands/Artists will be announced on January 4th, 2021. Subscribe to the mailing list to be notified of updates.
- Contestants must submit an original song.
- Please submit a video of good quality in an MP format. All submissions must be date stamped after November 1st, 2020.
- Song lyrics must be family- Songs with obscene subject matter, use of profanity, or songs of a suggestive nature will not be considered.
- Song length must be between three (3) to five (5) minutes.
WHO CAN ENTER?
- Any type of music genre.
- Band/Artist who is/are at least 18 years old as of December 15, 2020. Absolutely NO exceptions.
- Solo Artist, Duos, Trios, and Full Bands are all welcome to apply.
- VCF is not responsible for any type of travel to the final competition.
WHO CAN NOT ENTER?
- Full-time employees of Trade Show Production, MSS Audio, and Valley Cultural Foundation.
- Previous winners of Rock the Valley – Battle of the Bands competitions held by Valley Cultural Foundation.
- All confirmed registrants must have at least one member attend Registration Night via Zoom at 5:00 pm PST, on January 11th, 2021.
- You will be notified at the registration night meeting on January 11th, 2021 on what day and time your video will air.
ROUNDS (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- The First Round of Rock the Valley will begin on January 18, 2021.
- The competition will be set up tournament bracket-style, with a total of five (5) Bands/Artists performing each round with the top ten (10)
- Semi-Final Round will consist of up to five (5) Bands/Artists per night.
- You will be notified on January 11, 2021 on what day and time your video will air.
- The Finals will be based on COVID-19 restrictions. VCF is aiming for a live final performance. Participants will be notified after the Semi-Finals.
VOTING & JUDGING
- A virtual voting platform will be used and is TBD (to be determined).
- Voting will be a “pay-to-play” system, where each vote is $1.00, and you can vote as many times as you’d like.
- $1.00 dollar per vote.
- In the event of a tie score, VCF will determine the winner.
MARKETING & PROMOTION
- Each Band/Artist will be responsible for promoting their submissions via social media platforms, websites, and You
- When posting on social media platforms, please use the hashtags #VCF, #RockTheValley, and #VCFRockTheValley.
- All Bands/Artists agree to have their name, voice and/or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without compensation or right to royalties for such use.
- Make sure to encourage your fans, friends, and family to vote!
We are hoping for a live performance. However, due to COVID-19 restrictions, we may have to have a virtual final. Set-up will be determined as soon as possible.
- Each Band/Artist must play or submit a different song for their final performance.
- First Place: $500.00
- Second Place: $250.00
- Third Place: $100.00
TIMELINE OF EVENTS
- November 1, 2020: Registration opens
- December 15, 2020: Registration closes
- January 4, 2021: First Round Bands/Artists will be announced
- January 11, 2021: Mandatory Zoom Meeting at 5:00 pm PST
- January 18 – January 22, 2021: The first 20-25 acts will air
- January 25, 2021: Winners will be notified if they advanced via email
- February 8, 2021: Second Round of videos submitted
- February 15 – 16, 2021: Semifinals will be aired
- February 17, 2021: Finalists will be announced via email
- March 5, 2021: Final Performance
- March 5, 2021: Winners announced, one (1) hour after final performance
Due to COVID-19, we are unable to confirm the set-up of the final performances. We are hoping for a live, in-person presentation, which will be confirmed by February 1, 2021. If we are still under COVID-19 guidelines at that time, we will live stream the final performances.
Any questions or concerns should be addressed to any of the following:
Ticketing/Promo – Joellen Ammann, Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Battle Manager – email@example.com
Rock the Valley, CEO – Nora Ross, firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers reserve the right to adjust, modify and/or clarify the rules of the event at any time for any reason.
All rules, regulations, voting, judging and procedures are ©2020/2021 Valley Cultural Foundation. Unauthorized duplication or replication in whole, or in part, is a violation of applicable laws.